Coupon Marketing is a fabulous way for your business to drive sales without compromising your profit margins, but that’s only if your online coupon marketing is done the right way.
For the purposes of our discussion today, here’s a coupon definition for you. An online coupon is:
- An instrument that a company will use to generate more traffic and sales by way of an incentive offered to existing and/or potential customers
- A downloadable voucher or code that entitles the holder to a discount off of a specific product or service
- It can also entitle the coupon holder to other benefits such as cash back, or a cash refund, or the entitlement to a special gift
It’s really important that you know the coupon marketing pros and cons before you jump in and engage in this kind of online advertising campaign.
Hence, the video below that we have prepared for you.
Here’s a list of coupon marketing ideas you can consider in order to generate additional sales:
- Idea #1: Next time you invoice your customers, or mail or email your customers include a coupon or coupon code offering either a discount, or gift, or bonus, or some other benefit the next time that person makes a purchase from you. You can also use coupons to provide support for existing or new products or services that are under performing
- Idea #2: Create a coupon or coupon code that your team of sales people can either hand out physically or email to prospects and customers in order to stimulate sales.
- Idea #3: Each time your business makes a sale to someone, give that buyer a coupon that entices them to come back. This stimulates repeat business.
- Idea #4: Use in your online and offline advertising. Include a coupon or coupon code to make your ad stand out. This is particularly beneficial when it comes to directory advertising like with Yellow Page Ads. The inclusion of a coupon or coupon code can successfully encourage potential customers to choose you over your competitors.
- Idea #5: create a new click-able area on your website for ‘current coupons’ that potential customers may browse when they visit your website. This can encourage a site visitor to make a purchase before leaving your website.
- Idea #6: post your coupons and coupon codes on multiple coupon sites. This can be a great way to pick up new customers.
Done the right way, a coupon marketing strategy can yield tremendous opportunities to pick up new customers, up-sell & cross promote different products and services, and generate extra profits in lean times.
What you say matters, and we would love to see your comments. Please take the time to make a comment below.
Also, if you can think of a marketing topic that you would like to see us talk about, you can also make that request in the comments below!
Questions for you: would you like us to be a guest poster on your blog? Or do you feel like you have something valuable & worthwhile to share with our own blog visitors? If the answer is yes, please let us know by getting in touch with us. Just connect to us by way of the ‘contact us’ tab on this site.