Success online can be powered by article marketing however, creating articles by themselves is only part of the pathway to victory.
Writing articles for SEO has long been lauded as an important off page search engine optimization tactic, but while article marketing is a simple marketing activity, it is not an easy one to get right. Novice online marketers can make some serious mistakes that can result in zero internet rankings from Google, or worse.
We’ve got a great video for you today that you can see below, and it will provide some great article SEO help. However, there are some things we’d like to share with you prior to getting to that video…
In layperson’s terms, Google’s criteria for evaluating your backlinks includes:
a) any links pointing back to your website must be natural organic backlinks (ie: from real people)
b) links should come from a variety of natural organic sources and not from an artificial source
Perhaps the biggest 3 mistakes made by an online marketing wanna-be is that (1) they don’t know how to set up proper backlinks, (2) they don’t provide original & valuable content, and (3) they engage in article marketing as their only off-page marketing tactic.
On the plus side:
- Well-written articles represent a great back linking opportunity to drive qualified traffic back to your website or internet asset!
- Unique & relevant content can create a firestorm of website visitors that can result in increased conversions and higher profits.
- Effective article marketing can can be the silver lining in your overall media mix provided that your mix includes an assortment of other off page marketing activities that work in concert with all of your off-page strategies.
On the minus side:
- While article marketing in the past may have proven to be one of the most powerful ways to build backlinks to your online assets, today article directories have taken a hit from Google in particular. In large part, that’s a result from so much spammy content that has been published online, where the author’s objective was to simply get link juice as opposed to providing valuable and unique content.
- Today, while unique, well-written, content-enriched articles in the form of things like blog posts still represent great off page marketing & backlink building opportunities, article directory value (in terms of ranking factors in the eyes of the search engines like Google) has been substantially reduced
- Knowing how to properly SEO articles is a challenge for many people because they’ve likely been the victim of outdated or incorrect training. That scenario results from the fact that much of the article marketing advice offered online is wrong because it is often supplied by amateurs pretending to be experts who are doing nothing more than guessing at their advice.
- Google and the search engines look for natural activity, and article marketing by itself is a clear signal to the search engines that the interest in your website or internet asset is artificial. Natural interest would result in an assortment of backlinks coming from not just articles, but from things like social blog comments, likes from Facebook plus ones from Google Plus, Tweets from Twitter, Bookmarks from places like Digg or Delicious or Reddit, video comments from places like YouTube, and so on.
This short video touches on the following topics:
> what effective articles look like
> critical do’s and don’ts
> the purpose of article marketing from a marketing perspective
> the type of content that wins online
> the best places to publish articles
> marketing help with articles
Let us know what you think of our video on article marketing help by leaving a comment below. We’d appreciate knowing your thoughts. Tell us what value you got from this blog post.
Did you know that we sometimes accept guest blog posts? If you feel you have something of value to share with our blog visitors, please tell us. Get in touch with us by way of the contact us button on this blog.